Welcome to the Counselor's Office!
Welcome back to school! My name is Mrs. Barcelon and I am the school counselor for grades K, 2, 4, and 6 at IPES. Although these times are uncertain, we are looking forward to a safe, engaging, enjoyable school year with all of you.
- This is my 3rd year as a counselor at IPES, and I am so excited to be back!
- I’m from NY and moved to Hawaii almost 4 years ago.
- I have my Bachelor’s degree in Childhood and Special Education, and my Master’s degree in Counseling Services.
- Some of my favorite hobbies include cooking & baking, exercising, and spending time with family and friends.
- Room P18 will be the in-person location for our counseling program and Aloha Center. It is open to all students & I am happy to support our IPES community however possible. Please note that the majority of counseling services will now take place virtually.
- The Counseling program offers a number of student services, such as individual & small group counseling, whole-class SEL, crisis management, behavioral intervention support, and the coordination of 504 plans.
- We also oversee our wonderful ABC incentive program.
Virtual Resources: Please know that these resources are “Under Construction” and will be complete by August 17, 2020.
- I will be using Seesaw for your SEL lessons.
- Please join your child's Seesaw Classroom with help from his/her teacher.
- I will be posting weekly materials, resources, and lessons in an SEL folder there
- SEL for Grades 4 and 6 -
- I have created a Google Classroom for each grade level.
- To join the Google Classroom, you and/or your child MUST be logged into a Gmail account. From there, click the “waffle” button in the upper right-hand corner (next to the initial or profile picture). You will see an option for Google Classroom there. Click on that. Next, click the + button. This will allow you to “join” a class. Please join your classroom with the following code.
- 4th Grade Google Classroom - bz2lke3 (code)
- 6th Grade Google Classroom - qq62ee6 (code)
- Please do not hesitate to contact me via phone and/or email, should you have any questions, worries, or concerns! I do my best to respond within 24-48 hours.
- Phone: (808) 499-6500, ext. 242.
- Email: email@example.com
If you currently have any concerns regarding your student(s) & would like to request my support, please complete the form linked below & I will be in touch as soon as possible!